Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Wrangler Sahara 2016. We just had it lifted and right after…

Customer Question
Wrangler Sahara 2016....

Wrangler Sahara 2016. We just had it lifted and right after the right brake and turn signals stopped working. Not sure if there's a connection here - the shop that did the lift said no. Fuses 'look' ok. bulb is fine. tried new wire harness, this does not work. No voltage at harness. What next?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

My husband checked a fuse, it looked fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

New bulb, fuse, new harness, checked voltage at harness (no power there) .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Fast blinking on the front right. running light on right is present but appears dimmer.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Jeep
11/24/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Sounds like you have a bad ground at that right lamp assembly.

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN and the miles on the odometer so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

GL312890
17090 MILES

Ok you are looking for a wire grounded to the body or frame at this location --->> Click Here to view <<---

Check to see if this is loose or corroded. If the wiring is ok, then I HIGHLY recommend to visit your local dealer for diagnosis and repair, if the vehicle only has 17090 miles on it then this repair WILL be covered under your factory warranty.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Jeep Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician