Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Put def in the fuel tank. drained fuel replaced fuel filters…

Customer Question
Put def in the...

Put def in the fuel tank. drained fuel replaced fuel filters and it ran for about month and now it won't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

External there is 2

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2014 grand jeep cherokee overland diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Iv drained fuel tank and replaced filters twice. I'm now dropping the tank and inspecting the pumps

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

On where is should go from here

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jeep
11/22/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Any codes stored?

Have you checked the fuel pressure up to the engines injector pump?

low pressure fuel line, tested pressure 65psi. where is the injected pump?

The low pressure is adequate. Do you have a scan tool to see if you are getting actual fuel pressure near desired pressure from the injector pump?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman