Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Its stalling when i depress the brake. Stalling at idle or…

Customer Question
Its stalling when i...

Its stalling when i depress the brake.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

Stalling at idle or when driving.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything. I am not mechanically inclined.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jeep
11/20/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In allot of cases this can be due to a vacuum leak with the brake booster itself.The brake booster has engine vacuum in it from the engine running with a vacuum hose supply to it from the engine.The booster can leak and when you press the brake this can cause a large vacuum leak causing the stall out issue here.I would have the vacuum hose leading to it checked for any issues.If this is found to be o.k. then the brake booster needs checked for any leaks and if it is found leaking it will need replaced.It is also a good idea to have the fault codes checked with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set as there may be a code set that would help locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete