Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

My car won't start, it clicks but it won't go. It clicks…

Customer Question
My car won't start...

My car won't start, it clicks but it won't go

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It clicks when I try the started but it won't

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

It won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Jeep?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I tried to jump start the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm in a shopping center and my car did not want to start The lights come off

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jeep
My lights come on but my car won't start I hear the starter clicking.
I also notice my keyfob to open the car does not work only locks does not open car
11/19/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sounds like you have a dead battery, is there a way you can run it up to the auto parts store and have it tested

I don't have the parts to remove it, will let you know when do it
I tried to jump start with jumper cables but it did not work so not sure if it is battery ?

it could be a bad connection or bad battery, the jumper cables could be bad, but if thats a original battery its more than likley the problem

Jeep Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago

hows it going?