Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Only accepts small amount of fuel at a time spits it back.

only accepts small amount of...
only accepts small amount of fuel at a time spits it back
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: every thing else works fine and no check engine lights
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2009 patriot 2.4 4 cyl. manual transmission
JA: Are you fixing your Patriot yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have done nothing problem just started owned vehicle since new
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: vehicle has 120.000 miles and runs well just will not take fuel
11/19/2017
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

2 possibilities.

1. fuel inlet line has a restriction??

2. canister vent valve stuck closed. this is the most common issue.

Roy

are you there??

roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
roybelding
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician