Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Just bought a 67 cj5 original drivetrain but it is stuck in

4wd low range. I...
just bought a 67 cj5 original drivetrain but it is stuck in 4wd low range. I cannot move the sticks. This is recent according to the old guy I bought it from. Also has rear pto that works.
JA: What is the model of your '67 Jeep?
Customer: cj5
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: haven't tried anything but driving around slowly at same time trying to move sticks
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has been used mostly to run a grain mill off the pto, shows 35,000 miles
Answered in 2 days by:
11/21/2017
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Try shifting into neutral and see if it will move from low range then at all either at a stand still or moving under 3 mph.If this does not work or was already tried let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I️ got shift levers loose a couple of days ago, Thanks for the reply,

That is great to hear.If you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician