Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Heater core hose goes to back of engine.looks like it is…

Heater core hose goes to...
Heater core hose goes to back of engine.looks like it is leaking from there as fast as I pour in antifreeze it comes out of that area.to tight to reach or take an actual look.is there some place it could be leaking from in that area?oil is good already replace water pump and thermostat that's when I saw the leak coming from that area.I pulled front passage side fender and inner cover. Jeep did over heat drove 2 miles to house before it hit the red line.
11/19/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok so you have pinpointed the leak as being a heater core hose?

Looks like it it ys at the top and goes to the back of the engine passage side
Oh dam I didn't read all the way threw prompt came up

have you pressure tested the system to see if you can pinpoint the leak

No I don't have a presume system for that but I did see it coming from that area.I poured and got down on the side and could see it pouring from there
It wasn't even running when I was pouring the antifreeze in.the rest of the motor is dry top and sides for as far as I could see exempt for that spot

ok so the leak will be obvious then if its pouring out, have you pinpointed it yet? Do you need help getting parts?

Just trying to figure out how to get to it it's so tight .what would I have to pull off to replace it or is there a special fitting it conects to.

I dont know what leaking so its hard to say what to pull to replace?

It's between the fire wall and the back of the engine.right above the transmission I can see the hose goes in but can't see the conection.

If you remove the engine cover it should give you a better access

The intake is in the way
The engine cover is not on didn't come with it

you may need to get a flex mirror to look up under the piece to determine the leak and how to remove the piece

https://www.gamut.com/p/stanley-proto-inspection-mirror-2.25-in-round-mirror-size-round-NDU0Njc1?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o2&scid=scplp690A163&sc_intid=690A163&gclid=Cj0KCQiA0b_QBRCeARIsAFntQ9rQueztqG8hZPeU-sYOswhFAv1UDZ3qDV3ejOfYamr6vB2Q1nxF5OcaAssxEALw_wcB

Ok thanks

its just a very tight setting, you can remove the intake if you like but it would be easier with the mirror

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Cary York
Phone call session started