Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country. Just had the spark

I have a 1993...

I have a 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country. Just had the spark plugs and fuel filter replaced. Not sure what brand of plugs. Afterwards, my Jeep runs a little rough especially when backing up. It did not do this before the spark plug change.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

I believe it is external.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

I generally take it to a garage repair shop. I have not personally tried anything so far b/c I suspected that it might be a timing issue (?) and I am not experienced with doing that sort of thing. I just wanted to know what else to possibly look for and I will do the things that I know how to do myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not so far.

11/19/2017
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Would you like me to list some possible causes for you?

please.

Sounds good. One moment please

I'm not going to be doing any work on my Jeep at this time, I would just like to know if there are any suggestions for me to check when I do.

Got it!

Here is a list of the most likely possible causes..

• Faulty new tune up components
  • Air/vacuum leaks
  • Throttle position sensor
  • Idle air control motor
  • engine speed sensor inside distributor (and possibly even crankshaft position sensor
  • Oxygen sensor

Keep in mind this is a "starting point". My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you very much! This definitely gives me a good starting point.

Your welcome!

Glad I can help!

Have a great night and please dont forget to rate.

Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician