Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

I was trying to take the lock cylinder out, but accidently

took off the park/lock switch...
I was trying to take the lock cylinder out, but accidently took off the park/lock switch I believe
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 99 Jeep Grand cherokee Laredo
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am trying to fix it. It just won't start. I have gone through the ignition switch (replaced) , starter relay (replaced) and the TCM module (Replaced-fuse block in engine compartment). I was looking at changing the lock cylinder, but took a switch (right next to lock cylinder).
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 268,000
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Car was starting normally but just quite.
11/18/2017
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

can you post a picture of what you have???

Roy

roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I can send a picture. I took the whole switch apart, not just the cylinder. What is the skim? Thanks. How do I get picture to you?
Phone call session started

switch board not working. call me (###) ###-####/p>

roybelding
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician