Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Cannot change from defrost to heat. The problem is with the

cannot change from defrost to...
cannot change from defrost to heat
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: the problem is with the acuator
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2012 liberty
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes the actuator i puled the actator and it does move but I think the gears that connect to it are stripped
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/18/2017
Thomas Ragusa

Hello, my name is***** am a certified jeep technician. Just want to make sure you have the correct actuator off? there are several on the distribution housing. If you have confirmed its the right actuator, try moving the blend door manuelly, if it moves you just need an actuator, if the door does not more, you will need o replace the air distribution housing.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I believe it is the distribution housing do I need to remove the dash to change it?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
That bis the wrong phone # it is(###) ###-####
I can not do a live phone call at this time but yes the dash has to be removed to replace the distribution center
Thomas Ragusa
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Do I get a refund for no call
Since we did not initiate a phone call you are not charged for the phone call
Thomas Ragusa
Thomas Ragusa
Thomas Ragusa