Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Yesterday after i t ran about 10 miles it all of a sudden…

Customer Question
Yesterday after i t...

Yesterday after i t ran about 10 miles it all of a sudden stopped wanting to go above 30 mph and wanted to stop running

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Jeep?

08 compass

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Compass yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need to know what it is but after that I can get teh part and fix it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it ty

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jeep
11/16/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So is the engine running rough? does it feel like the trans is slipping? is the check engine light on?

The Jeep just had a brand new transmission put in it less than 6 months ago. The engine sputtered for a bit but then it just acted as though it didn't want to go anymore. The check engine light has always been on.

so we need to get the codes from the engine and also check the trans fluid level while car is running

ok the man that usually works on my vehicles says that its not a transmission problem, He says it acted like it didn't want to take gas?

could be a fuel delivery problem, I would be curious to what the check engine light says, whatever its on for could be the answer to your problem

Well Ihave no way of finding that out. I don't have the computer thing to hook up to the Jeep. What is the biggest complaint for a Jeep Compass 2008 that it could be? I have no idea. I dont want to go to a garage and pay a huge bill for something simple? Just any advice would help at this point

without knowing the codes its going to be hard to say , but I would speculate that it could be the fuel pump or throttle body issue, computers go bad a lot on those,