Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

The blinker relay will not stop clicking. It does seem to

Customer Question
decrease the speed of the...
The blinker relay will not stop clicking. It does seem to decrease the speed of the click when braking and increase when accelerating. The center console stopped working shortly before this (Radio, Heat a/c etc.) The security light has also come on. I have tried replacing the relay it worked for a short time and has gone haywire again.
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: The security light stays solid.
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2L v8
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am trying to do this myself. I have replaced a few hoses here and there a while back. Also have put in new speakers and radio (the original did not work when I bought the jeep) Everything worked fine for a couple years. I had a friend turn on the overhead lights a while back and that was the start of the problems. After changing a relay it fixed the issues.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of. Actually there is one more thing.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jeep
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was trying to mention at the last moment before entering my info. The drivers side wheel makes a popping noise when turning. It does not always do this, sometimes it also happens when hitting a ditch or pothole. What could be causing this, and is it safe to drive daily.
Answered in 1 day by:
11/17/2017
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

I'm not certain that it's the flasher you're hearing clicking. If the flasher was clicking then either turn signals or the hazard flashers would also be flashing, which you did not mention. Either way, it's going to require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is going on.

Do the turn signals or hazards flash in time with the click that you're hearing?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The blinkers do seem to be blinking in sync with the relay. When not using the blinkers the clicking changes speeds but is constant

So the front and rear turn signals on one side are flashing when the switch is off?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No they do not flash when switch is off. I will take a video tomorrow.
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 28 days ago

A video would be very helpful.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician