Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

I purchased a 1984 jeep grand wagoneer that is requiring a…

Customer Question
I purchased a 1984 jeep...
I purchased a 1984 jeep grand wagoneer that is requiring a lot of work all the way around. anyway can you tell me where the pcv valve is? I don't know much about vehicles and am learning as I go. Thanks, *****: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Jeep Wagoneer. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: yes. I was having issues with the gas gauge and found that according to instruction the fuel sending unit is in the fuel entry and that to get to it is from the rear panel in the back above the wheel well. anyway, when we pulled the tank, there was a brand new fuel sending unit inside the tank. The reason we had to pull the tank is that gas was leaking and we found that a grommet was worn and torn. We have to replace both grommets. I was kind of surprised to find the fuel sending unit inside the tank. Is this correct or was this installed improperly. If the new unit is properly installed and the gauge does not work, then instruction is recommending that a new gauge be put in since it is more than likely the gauge. The other issue is that the fuel sending unit has a two piece wire unit that appears to be some kind of a relay that connects on top of the fuel sending unit to another connector underneath (if I worded that properly). I cannot find a replacement for this. If I need to send a picture of this please let me know. my number is(###) ###-#### Thank You Rebecca Dooley
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jeep
11/15/2017
Jeep Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 3 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Hi Becky. What size engine is in your jeep?

360
This is what I was talking about that is connected to the fuel sending unit. Where do I find another one. I have gone on to teamgrandwagoneer and other sites and cannot find this. It is two wires as one piece with all 4 ends are different.
I have not heard from the other mechanic in reference to the photos of the wiring I sent
Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman