Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

I'm looking for an anti theft code off an NTG4 RHR Jeep

Customer Question
I'm looking for an anti...
I'm looking for an anti theft code off an NTG4 RHR Jeep stereo I bought and my local dealership is no help.. I see that Brad can provide this with vin# ***** serial number.. I will list them... vin#1J4BA3H1XBL592135 PART#P68092000AD SERIAL#T00BE349170012
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: There are no codes, I just need the radio unlock 4 digit code
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2011 Jeep Wrangler JKU Sport
JA: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and I've tried my local dealer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jeep
11/15/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech replied 1 month ago
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!!! I'm reading your question and will post a reply soon. Thank you for your patience.

I was giving them out but now we aren't allowed to, and your only other choice is to go to your nearest dealership and they will give it to you for free.. What did your dealership say when you asked about a radio code?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I explained to them how to use Dealer Connect to get it and they told me they could only get it off the original vin. I bought it off Facebook market place a dew months ago and have no access to original vin # as the seller no longer has a profile.

Did the dealership not know how to access the radio codes?

I can provide you the steps if needed so you can get the code from the dealership...

Dealerconnect> Service> uConnect> Radio Theft code.. Then they enter the radio serial number and VIN and click submit...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they said they knew and i provided printed directions but claimed they needed original vin... no big deal, thanks is for your time.

Also you don't need the original VIN, you just need the VIN of the vehicle it's being installed into..

Let me know if I can help you any farther,

Brad

Brad
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech