Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

I have a jeep 2011 rubicon showing p0430 bank 2 code my

Customer Question
motor was replaced about six...
I have a jeep 2011 rubicon showing p0430 bank 2 code my motor was replaced about six months ago the service engine light was on before the new motor was installed. when I am in park with the vehicle running on full throttle the motor is very sluggish but when driving no problem. I need a description of where Bank two sensor is I am hoping that this is the issue and will resolve. I am also going to check for leaks and do a clean out with a change of plugs
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: Yes the trouble code is p0430
JA: Great. If you share the code with me, I'll pass it along to the Jeep Mechanic. He'll be able to diagnose your issue much faster with a code. What is the model of your '11 Jeep?
Customer: 2011 jeep rubicon
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well nothing yet however I have consulted the dealer where I purchased the vehicle to question about the federal warranty the converter. My motor was replaced about six months ago but this code was there before the new motor install still reading p0430 code where do I start/
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jeep
11/15/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Bank to is the drive side on the engine on your 3.8 and the most common cause for the code P0430 to set on this engine is in most cases due to a failing Catalytic converter and in this case that would be the bank 2 converter. I would start with making sure there are no exhaust leaks as well as make sure the HO2S sensors are switching properly and if so its a pretty safe bet the converter is the cause. I have enclosed the steps for you in the link below for checking the HO2S for switching. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there if needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uex7kvwzl4fqu6n/HO2S%20Nov%2015.pdf?dl=0

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician