Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

My daughters 2007/2008 3.0 litre jeep Diesel (higher

Customer Question
My daughters 2007/2008 3.0...

My daughters 2007/2008 3.0 litre jeep Diesel (higher mileage) runs great but requires 2 or more attempts before it starts. it has fuel pressure (not sure if its enough) from the electric pump. could this be the high pressure pump?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was the last time it was serviced?

The fuel filter and all oils and filters have been relaced. waiting on my daughter for mileage. around 230000km 135000 miles. No engine light.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

Jeep grand cherokee 2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing for my daughter. 260,000km approx. 145,000 miles. It starts and is Being driven daily. have only cracked line to find pressure from electric pump (i noticed on previous posts that pressure should be 50psi) Should i check this pressure first)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It normally start in two tries. cold today -10C it took 5 tries. No code for glow plugs. could they still need replacing? I suspect high pressure pump due to mileage.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jeep
11/10/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'ll be assisting you with your question today. Please give me a few moments to review your question. Also keep in mind that I do not know your skill level or abilities so I may be asking a lot of questions before I can answer. In some cases we may need to respond to each other quite a bit before I can come up with a possible solution for you. As far as phone calls, If you didn't request it, it is most likely the Website prompting you, not me. A Live Call is a "Premium Service" and will cost more money. I prefer communicating via this site, but in some cases a phone call may be recommended.

More common for a hard start/long crank time is worn out Injectors. Worn out injectors can cause excessive return flow back to the tank while cranking resulting it it taking longer for the high pressure pump to build enough pressure to fire the injectors.

To test for this condition you will need to run a fuel injector return flow test...

If you need instructions on how to do this, let me know, I should be able to come up with a procedure that you can use to check injector return flow...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer! .

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>>

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-Robertr/?r=SprinterRob&bt=0 <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.