Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 2007 Jeep Patriot and the ABS, 4W drive and Esp…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Jeep Patriot and the ABS, 4W drive and Esp lights keep coming on, dinging and they going off and sometimes staying on. Is it OK to drive with them on ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the light been on for some time?

Yes, today I drove 30 miles with them on!

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Patriot yourself? What have you tried so far?

Someone told me after about 100,000 miles they all do that. Is it a loose wire?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jeep
11/10/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Amedee, Jeep Technician replied 8 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

The vehicle is not unsafe to drive other than the Anti-lock brake system not working. The normal brake system or brakes will still work just fine so you can still drive the vehicle and stop safely. This condition is not a safety or a reliability issue so yes, you can drive the vehicle to the nearest shop or dealership to get fixed.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>