Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

What are the differences between the 06 3.7l jeep grand

Customer Question
What are the differences...

What are the differences between the 06 3.7l jeep grand cherokee and liberty engine?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Auto 170

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Engine knocks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Jeep
11/10/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 5 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Hello, I can not answer each and every difference, Actually not many but to answer you? the long blocks are exact same, same part numbers and both are interchangeable. If you go with changing engine? you need to swap out intake manifold and be sure sensors are in same locations. Other than that? short block, long block, heads, etc are all the same. You have to put them side by side and do some swapping over with some parts as mentioned

the reason I ask is I can get a used 06 Liberty 3.7l engine for about 1/2 the price of a grand Cherokee, I have the parts, as long as the long blocks are the same I can switch everything else ,

Understood. On my end I have lots of factory programs etc and I did all the research I could and my answer still stands. The long block is same part # for both, Engines as an assembly complete? are NOT the same. You have to put both side by side , swap out intakes and sensors to same locations . Long blocks? heads? short block etc? are in fact the same.Hope this helps

yea the engine from the bone yard is complete, I have everything I need from different projects, I always put new sensors in motors, I figured the long blocks are the same,, wanted to make sure,

they are. intake differences, you will be fine

Please rate my service I have provided today, Rate now and you can still return to this same chat post , it remains open after leaving a rating, Thanks

Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech