Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a problem with the Uconnext i bought online for my…

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem with the Uconnext i bought online for my jeep wrangler? Can you help me get the code to unlock it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes, my uconnext that came with my car broke and I purchased this new one online and need a code

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Wrangler?

2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

I installed the radio by myself and it lights up but the screen saying I need a code is on and i don't have that code and didn't receive it from the seller

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is all he needs to know thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jeep
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/10/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 8 months ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
hi do you think you can give me the anti theft code i need?
To get that code go to your Jeep dealer and provide them with the serial number off of the radio, and the VIN number of YOUR Wrangler. They can then look it up in the dealer connect site and tell you the code. Once you know it, write it down in a safe place just in case you need it again some day.
I used to be able to look up the code but can no longer do that for legal reasons.
does this process still work if i purchased the radio from an online dealer
But the dealer should not charge you for looking up the code.
Chris
it should still work if you bought it on line and can show proof of purchase for the radio.
I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out if you have any follow up questions after you rate me.Thank you!Chris

Hello, just checking back to see if you got the code?

Chris