Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Over heating. Replaced uper and lower hoses. 2002 jeep

Customer Question
Over heating Mechanic's Assistant:...

Over heating

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes replaced uper and lower hoses

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2002 jeep liberty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replace hoses checked for leaks etc. when its shut off antifreeze backs up into the resevoir and spews out.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jeep
11/9/2017
Jeep Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

What you describe really sounds like you have failed head gaskets. Backing up into the reseviour is a common symptom of failed headgaskets. You may have to have that checked.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. The website will ask you for a phone call. Feel no obligation to accept, unless you feel it will help you. We can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.