Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Just replaced the fuel pump, pressure refulator, even the…

Just replaced the fuel...

Just replaced the fuel pump, pressure refulator, even the idle air control valve. Still no fuel to my rail... :(

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Sry... Very distracted. On the road for work. But back at my jeep now. Think it was the original. The bottom gasket had a chunk missing out of it which was why I had low pressure to begin with, but replaced both pump and gasket.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

And pressure regulator, still no fuel to rail. Checking my hanes to see which relays to check.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Jeep?

Says 12-97'

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far Ive replaced the pump, its gasket and filters; the pressure regulator and even the idle air control valve... Havent been through the relays yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

About it... It was a mounting problem before now, which is why I thought it was the pump...

10/21/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • INFORMATION, I have no magic ball, please give me all the details you can.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Can I get the year, make, model, engine vehicle?

Do you know if there is power and ground to the pump?

It's all connected but I don't have a multimeter yet. Jeep grand Cherokee loredo, straight 6, made in December 97, may be considered a 98, but that shouldn't make much difference.

When will you have a tool to test electrical?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

I am. Thank you. Narrowed it down to the crank position sensor. Thanks for your help.

You are welcome

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

If any more assistance is needed, just let me know.