Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

What are the relays called under the front jeep seats in a

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee? I...
What are the relays called under the front jeep seats in a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee? I got some water in my jeep that just got to the floor boards and those got wet, causing my door locks not to work, windows will occasionally not go up and down and my door open alert dings occasionally while driving when my door is not open. Just need to know what I should replace, part numbers. Please help! Thank you!
10/19/2017
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I don't recall any relays under the seats and the service information doesn't show anything. I'm not sure that you're seeing relays unless someone has added something to the vehicle at some point.

Are you able to upload a picture of what you're seeing?

Yellow connectors are a universal indication of airbag components.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What type of connectors like that would cause issues with my door open indicator? My door locks won’t work unless my car is running and all the doors are closed.

With the key out of the ignition and the doors closed you cannot use the power lock button on the door to lock or unlock the doors?

Is there some type of issue with the door ajar light?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, the vehicle has to have in the ignition and on. The vehicle got water up to the floor boards during Harvey so it is related to that. I just don’t know what to replace to fix the locking issue. The windows are the same, vehicle must be on to roll windows up or down. I imagine some sensor or connector needs to be replaced. I just don’t know which one controls those items.

Did you lose keyless entry operation at the same time?

Do the radio and interior lights work?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can’t use keyless entry right now because my key is broken. The radio works but the interior lights above dash do not come on when the door is open. The floor lights come on but they blink occasionally.

Does the door ajar light work correctly?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
With the key in the “on” position the door ajar warning will flash in the dialogue box but it doesn’t stay on like normal, it flashes really quickly and then goes away.

It will likely require in depth electrical testing to determine the cause of all of the issues, a scan tool will likely be necessary.The problems may be due to water in connectors, wiring, modules, and the junction block. You can try disconnecting all connectors that were submerged an check for water and allow any that you find to dry out.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. Do you have a link or something where it shows a diagram of all of the modules and connectors?
I’m taking it to a place to have the seats and carpet removed, carpet replaced and seats shampooed. So am thinking that while they remove everything that may give it enough time to dry out.

I'm unable to post material directly from the service information due to copyright.

If the carpet is being removed and the water did not make it higher than that then all connectors you're concerned with would be exposed at that time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great. Thank you for your help!

You're welcome!

Please remember to rate my performance before leaving the site as that is the only way I receive credit for helping you; a five star rating is greatly appreciated!

Good luck with your vehicle!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician