Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Check engine light is on. Yesterday my radiator pipe blew…

Customer Question
Check engine light is...

Check engine light is on. Yesterday my radiator pipe blew and coated the whole engine with antifreeze. I rinsed it but now when I am idling in the car it is almost bouncing so to say. Also my RPMs are staying at about 1500-2000 no matter the speed unless accelerating. When stopping the RPMs bounce like it’s is idle hunting.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It is now blinking.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Jeep?

200 Jeep Liberty Limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

We replaced the blown radiator pipe, the upper one that goes from the manifold to the radiator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ma’am.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Jeep
10/6/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 10 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, if yours has a digital odometer, try the following.

Within 5 seconds, turn the key in the ignition on-off-on-off-on, leaving it in the on position(position just before cranking). Now look at the odometer and fault codes should scroll across - example P0420

Do this and let me know results

P0303 and P2308

HI,

Ok, what year is your Liberty and what is the exact engine size