Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Trying to located the blower motor resistor on a 2015 Jeep…

Customer Question
Trying to located the...

Trying to located the blower motor resistor on a 2015 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport with a 3.6L engine. I have taken the blower out and felt all around on the passenger side behind the glove box but have been unable to locate this resistor. The part number is ***** and it says it is correct for my year jeep.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

28K. Manual.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Jeep?

JK Unlimited Sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Removed the blower motor to see if the resistor was in side. I have removed the blower controls to see if anything was burnt. I have felt all around the passenger side but have been unable to locate the resistor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The symptoms are the blower controls will not turn off. No matter the setting.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Jeep
10/2/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Do you have ATC system in your Jeep (automatic temp control)?

No. It's not ATC.
I have found a diagram for a 2011, which should be similar but I still cannot locate the resistor.

Okay on a no ATC system the resistor is located in the plenum just to the left of the blower motor housing. See the link below . This should be where your is . Have a look and let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uuh0vp5y0raydkf/Resistor%20Oct%202.pdf?dl=0

Not there.

The diagram I have sent you is for the 2015. I am not showing it any place else. Are you 100% sure its not in this location.

100% sure. Spent several hours feeling around underneath the passenger side dash checking for it. That is the same diagram that I found online which I thought might be wrong since it was not present.

Well this one is for the 2015 and all I have. Im not sure why your is not where is is on all the others. I can open the post back up for you if you would like and perhaps someone else has something different to offer.