Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

No start. 2001 WJ-4.0 i6. I have taken an engine from a 2004…

Customer Question
Yes Mechanic's Assistant: What...

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2001 WJ-4.0 i6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have taken an engine from a 2004 wj 4.0 and installed it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Like what?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Jeep
10/2/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech replied 10 months ago
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Do you have spark and fuel psi? Do you see any theft lights on in the dash? What codes are setting?

Talk soon,

Brad

Did I swear at you mate?
Don't worry about it. I was just frustrated. I put an engine into my Jeep on the side of the road in an unplanned job from hell. I needed some help ASAP. I thought at the time anyway.
I got it running.
Lots of smoke. The people at the yard where I bought the engine dumped it upside down into my engine bay when I wasnt present, filling unusual spaces with oil and smashed a bunch of sensors etc.
People man.
Take care.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you need anymore help, please reply back. I am happy to address any follow-up questions you may have. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!