Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Security light was on because I left the key in and ignition…

Customer Question
Security light was on...

Security light was on because I left the key in and ignition on. Forgot it and now the car won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

I dismantled the battery and reattached but now there is no light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2010 liberty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Key Fob, key was replaced last month as a replacement, battery dismantled and reattached, yes, I’m bymyself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How can I reset the system

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Jeep
Hello
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/2/2017
Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago
eric remington

hello so the light is out now but the vehicle will not turn over..no cranking?

Nothing. No lights. Every now and then , at 3 minute intervals or so, is says faintly, no fuse. Not sure if it’s only when I’m lifting the door lock or just continues
Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

d​o you have voltmeter? lets start with the battery does thatr read 12 volts? if so lets ck the battery cables. put the positive lead of voltmeter on the the battery and the negative LEAD TO THE BLOCK nest take the neg lead o=f meter and hook it up to battery and pos lead to starter

Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

let me know readings

Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

chrylser is very particular about battery connections

Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

we will ck fuses next

Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

hello do you need help?

Forget it. I needed help the night it happened. Not 5 hours later. This was a waste of time. I fixed it and got free advice once the world opened for business Monday, well before you did anything of value
Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

so you ask a question on a sunday nite I respond an hor later you don't respond and you critize me? not my fault you didn't respond...Colorado or Washington?

I don’t need any more help thanks. Not criticizing you but this app