Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Steam coming from passengers side when I run the heat in the…

Customer Question
Hi, steam coming from...

Hi, steam coming from passengers side when I run the heat in the Jeep. I turned the heat off, which stopped the steam.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

The gauge in the truck have not indicated a problem. Haven't checked the coolant levels. It also happened when I ram the air conditioning last month. When I turn them off, no vapor.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ram?

2004 Jeep Liberty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

2004 Jeep Liberty, no, I haven't tried to fix it. I just happened.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
9/30/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Amedee, Jeep Technician replied 7 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

You are now connected with a mechanic.

I am very sorry you're having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

• I don't know your skill level or background.
  • I also don't know the vehicle's history other than what you have and provide me with here on this page.
  • Please keep in mind, I cannot see the vehicle and I am not there to run the tests and check things as needed. My answers are solely based on the information you provide me with.
  • If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please request a phone call on your end and will call you right away.
  • If you don't understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.
  • Please understand that I am here to help.

Have you noticed anything leaking under the vehicle?

Has the cooling system been pressure checked?

I'm somewhat competent about my vehicle. I bought the car 2 yrs. ago, it had a new engine. Steam came from the passengers side hood after running the heater or air.

Thank you. This condition is likely caused by a leak. Coolant, oil or another liquid is leaking. The leak will need to be pinpointed and then fixed. I would recommend inspecting the area around the passenger side for any leaks first before pressure checking the cooling system.

Do you have any further questions sir?

Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician