Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

2006 Jeep Liberty won't start back up again after shutting…

Customer Question
2006 Jeep Liberty won't...

2006 Jeep Liberty won't start back up again after shutting it off you have to wait 30 minutes with the hood open then it will start without a problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Battery is good terminals are good. Starts great when engine is cold.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Used all mopar sensors. Replaced cam shaft sensor (that's the code it was coming up with) no codes after that. But it was still shutting off when driving and not starting when hot. So, replaced the tps sensor and that fixed the stopping in the middle of the road problem. Had it tested again, still no codes even though the engine light was on. Do, replaced the crank shaft sensor. Will run all day until you turn it off then have to let it cool for 30 min before it will start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Please help!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
9/29/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 7 months ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
I ran into a similar situation a few years ago on the same model/ year Jeep and it ended up being the PCM (engine computer ) The way I determined that this was the problem, I had a scan tool connected to the vehicle when it acted up and not starting. The scan tool would not communicate with the PCM until it cooled down. Once communication returned, it would start. You may want to try that and see if you have the same issue.Chris

Good evening! Just checking back to see if you received my reply from this morning.

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman