Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

The alarm system is preventing the truck from starting.

Customer Question
The alarm system is...

The alarm system is preventing the truck from starting

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yeah

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2000 grand cherokee limited 4.7L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried to immobilize the alarm system with the key since i already lost the remote keyless entry

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing more

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Jeep
9/28/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech replied 10 months ago
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

If the security system is activated you will see a key with a slash thru in on the cluster, do you see this symbol? Do you have another key to try?

Talk soon,

Brad