Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

I have a 2014 Jeep Patriot Sport with P205/70 R16 tires and

Hello all. I have a...
Hello all. I have a 2014 Jeep Patriot Sport with P205/70 R16 tires and 16in wheels. I was thinking about changing out the stock wheels for 17in ones with a P215/65 R17 tire. Do you think I will have any trouble? Maybe some rubbing or Speedometer issues? Thanks for your help and suggestions.
9/22/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Hello Dan. Hope you are well and can help me with my question.

The speedometer will change a little bit but not much. The new rims/tires will show that you are going slower slower then you actually are, shouldn't be over a few mph difference on the highway. Otherwise it will have no problems and you can pay to have new tire size programmed into computer at dealership if that is something you really cared about. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

you do you think rubbing will be an issue in the wheel well ? Its not much bigger of a tire/ wheel just curious. I dont want to add spacers or lift if i dont have to.

It won't rub, the size difference is only around a inch total if that. It is probably closer to a half inch to 3/4 of a difference. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician
Cool Thanks for the help. You've given me some peace. Most casue I am buying wheels and tires online and dont want to end up with 1k of new stuff and it doesnt work out. 5 stars from me.

No problem, I'm happy to help. Thanks again and have a good night.

Dan, Technician