Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I'm getting the security code promt for mygig radio after…

Customer Question
I'm getting the security...

I'm getting the security code promt for mygig radio after doing a softwar/firmware update....

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

I was reading the forums and this popped up...

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

No manual, all it has is a disk its a 2014 rubicon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just update the firmware, now it's asking for the security code..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can suply the vin if that helps?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jeep
Vin is 1C4HJWFG9EL297735
RADIO SERIAL NUMBER IS *****
Answered in 1 day by:
9/23/2017
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio or security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently on the site have access to obtain the code or noone feels comfortable posting it here.

There are two things you can do. You can try http://www.radio-code.com to see if they're able to obtain the code. The other option would be to see your dealer with the serial and proof of ownership and they'll be able to give it to you.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician