Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Can't get the the key to turn to lock so I can take the key…

Customer Question
Can't get the the...

Can't get the the key to turn to lock so I can take the key out

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

I have 2 keys so am using the spare now. The steering wheel turns OK

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2007 Jeep Liberty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

The manual says maybe I am not getting it in park all the way.Checked to make sure and still can't 'get the key out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just want to know if this is something I am doing wrong or need to go to a professional ?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jeep
9/22/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Jeep Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Are you able to turn the key and start the engine?

I can turn the key and start the car
Jeep Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

The most common issue with this symptom on your vehicle is the shifter cable out of adjustment at the shifter assembly.

Jeep Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Do you have any other questions?

Jeep Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent auto mechanic and do not work at or for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me .

3. I only get credit for my work from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer

Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh