Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

It is not starting, because the remote key isn't working. Is…

Customer Question
It is not starting...

It is not starting, because the remote key isn't working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Is there anyway to get rid of the anti theft starting

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

Not sure how to check terminal connection

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Jeep?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the battery in the key

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just need to be able to disband the alarm, so I can start the jeep

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Jeep
9/21/2017
Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago
eric remington

is the antitheft/alarm light on

Jeep is in my driveway and can't start, because the alarm is on. I want to disengage the alarm system
Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

Is it a factory or aftermarket system

Not sure. I bought it used
Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

w​hat does the light say on the dash the red one? is your key fob a factory unit?

Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

d​oes the romote work? try to lock and unlock the door with the key. if that doesn't work use the remote to lock and unlock the door if that does not work try disconnecting the battery for a minute...let me know what happens

I already put a new battery in the remote
Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

d​oes rem ote work please answer all questions does remote work is it a factory remote?

Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

what happened?

Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

how is it going?