Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

2005 Jeep Wrangler 6 cylinders O2 sensor Bank 2 Sensor 2

Code P0058...where exactly is this...
2005 Jeep Wrangler 6 cylinders O2 sensor Bank 2 Sensor 2 Code P0058...where exactly is this sensor?
9/20/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello again, did this code set after replacing the front sensor?

And sensor was in the same spot I shown you in picture? Just want to make sure your vehicle doesn't have the California emissions.

This Jeep was purchased in Washington State.

Automatic or manual transmission?

Manual

This vehicle does not have bank 2 oxygen sensors, only california emissions do. But if it was a California vehicle then sensor wouldn't have been in spot I showed you. So it sounds like the PCM "Powertrain Control Module" has failed which is the main engine computer. I would recommend replacing the rear oxygen sensor the 1/2 sensor shown in previous picture I sent you and if that doesn't help you need to replace the PCM. PCM is pretty expensive, you are probably best off finding one at your local salvage yard or www.car-parts.com then dealer will charge around $100 to install it. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Do your exhaust manifold have oxygen sensors in them as shown in following picture?

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1sg4vgsyz39v0mo/ex.PNG?dl=0

Give me a minute, i am going to take pictures

Thanks, ***** ***** another picture of what to look for.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kt89mlojm9xd4y2/o2s.PNG?dl=0

It appears you do have a california emission vehicle. Did you replace one of the sensors in the picture?

Put old sensor back in place, here is a picture of the 1/1 sensor you should have replaced originally. It sounds like you replaced the 2/2 sensor "sensor closest to camera in picture you took" which is why you are getting new code. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks

,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qk4t7vy3rtuluv7/sensors.jpg?dl=0

Guess what, i never connected the first sensor all the way...sorry for the trouble. I connected the sensor, turned on my Jeep, and the engine light is gone. Thanks!

Ok, good to hear. If code comes back make sure you replaced the right sensor. Here is diagram you should be paying attention to. Let me know how it goes, thansk.

-

Thank you!

No problem, you can reply back to this answer at any time without opening new questions if you need anything. Thanks again and have a good night.

Dan, Technician
Dan, Technician