Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

99 grand cherokee dash cluster and power windows,go dead and…

99 grand cherokee dash cluster...
99 grand cherokee dash cluster and power windows,go dead and stop working. I remove ground from battery and cross out to possitive,thus resetting systems.what is causing the dash to out
9/20/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Possible causes are a bad ground wire, faulty body control module or ip cluster. I need to get the last 8 of the vin to pull the wiring schematics.

I changed bcm, last eight r, xc520440
Ip? Gauge cluster?

correct, gauge cluster is called the ip cluster.

Ok, give me a few minutes to go over the schematics

I removed and cleaned grounding points under center console as well as two near battery and one on ds near abs module

I am sorry but I will need to opt out and see if another expert can help as I do not have the needed schematics

Ok
tim's auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

first, lets try something simple,,

Remove both battery cables from the battery, turn on the ignition, touch and hold both the - and the + cables together for 5 seconds, turn off the ignition, then re-install them back to the battery

let me know if this fixed the problem

I do the cable trick to roll windows back up, it stays working for a minute or two, I can flip passenger side door lock and every thing works for a minute then goes out. Could it be loosing the 5 volt feed thru sensors? All engine sensors and I mean all, r brand new

and,,you already replaced the bcm?

Yep
I have very good skills in electrical applications, I cleaned the ground tabs under center console as well as two near battery and one near and pump

lets try something here,,

disconnect the wire connectors to the pcm and clean the terminals with electronics parts cleaner,,sometimes these will get dirty with carbon and such..

if all is clean,i would think your problem is the instrument cluster itself

Next to tcm

?

On fire wall next to trans control unit

what are you referring to?

PCM is where
Cluster has been changed

The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and connector are located in the engine compartment, mounted to the inner fender, next to the air cleaner housing.

you dont have allot left here other than the pcm,,or a bad wire,,a bad \/broken wire could really be hard to find

I will check it tomorrow, I will let u know, thank u

you are very welcome

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.

tim's auto repair
I am always open to others input, that's how we learn, this jeep is my problem child, it's up for adoption. Lol

lol

tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair, Mechanic