Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Some times when I park it after some travel.....when I get…

Some times when I...

Some times when I park it after some travel.....when I get done grocery shopping.......when I try to start the car.....NOTHING!!!......the gauges all come on......but don't get no click or nothing !!!....but let it sit for half an hour or so.....it starts right up.......1991 Jeep Cherokee

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

There's not a noise....it just doesn't start......I mean it doesn't do anything !!...All the gauges come on......the fuel pump comes on....but when I turn the key......NOTHING !!!.......let it sit for half an hour....it starts right up .....

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

1991 Jeep Cherokee

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replacing battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I haven't been keeping up the maintenance like I should

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

The first thing I would check is the ignition switch. It may be getting hot and causing this. You can also check the ASD relay in the relay box under the hood, near the battery.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor