Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 2016 jk sport vin 1C4AJWAG4GL136446 I bought radio…

I have a 2016 jk...
I have a 2016 jk sport vin 1C4AJWAG4GL136446 I bought radio on eBay it says it came out of 2017 jk here is s/n T 82 QN 047 7 16320 I need the 4 number pin for the anti-theft code. Thanks
9/16/2017
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

i can look it up monday for you since i only have access to the codes from work..chrysler frowns upon us accessing this info from a private computer...can you wait until monday?

eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
sir I guess I just got drink cold beer with no music lol will you just text me or email the code on monday
Phone call session started

yes i will

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you

do you have the vin of the jeep the radio came out of?

No sir I don't bc I bought it off eBay they person I bought it said it came out of a 2017 bc the customer did an upgrade but the radio came from Katy Texas
I just figured you take my vin from my jeep I gave you and the s/n from the radio I gave you Y'all just flash it to it or how ever that stuff works lol

no they are coded to the original vin...can you get me that...thats the only way

can you contavt the seller?

Well I did send them a text and they said I just go to dealer with my vin and the radio s/n and they could do it bc they said they don't get bins they just parts whole sale

im trying to see if i can get around it ..im working on it now...

Thanks I'm sorry for the confusion I get that it's anti theft if it was on the jk 420n with the nav system but I've got the basic radio lol the 130s it's not really that fancy lol
I would figure they would set the system up where me giving you the s/n on that radio it would link you to that jeep it came from but who knows lol

i may be able tlo get around it do you have the part #for the radio?

P68252825AC is the part number for the radio

5142

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S

I will try it after I get off work and let you know and keep you up to date and I have no issue giving you a 5 star

ty sir

I think I did right I went to the review and bound part was that the place to do the review for you

not sure..i never rated a expert

Well my first time too lol on top of page says I gave 5 stars but I never saw the stars and I tap the scare for a bonus for you bc the code work and got me music thanks I'm trying to get you taken care like you got me going

ty sir

No problem boss I appreciate you helping me out nothing better than cold beer and music lol lol. Keep up the good work