Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Just bought a 2017 mygig radio out of a Jeep Wrangler and…

Customer Question
Hey Brad, Just bought a 2017...
Hey Brad,
Just bought a 2017 mygig radio out of a Jeep Wrangler and installed it and it is asking for the security code. Can you get the code?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Jeep
9/15/2017
Jeep Mechanic: eauto, The Car Guy replied 11 months ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
do you have the vin from the donor jeep? and the radio serial #

need the Vin number from the donor jeep also

The guy is supposed to be getting it.
What if I can't get it?

then i cant answer the question...they are matched for security

His jeep is in the shop. He is going to send it to me in the morning. Can I just post it here, then?

yup

Okay, thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it. I will get back to you tomorrow.
I haven't used this before, will I have to pay again?

nope

1 fee for the answer

Okay thanks

no problem

Is that going to work?
Are you available to answer?
Serial #- T00AM1117T0294
VIN #- 1C4BJWEG5HL680793( Donor Jeep)

i can look it up monday for you since i only have access to the codes from work..chrysler frowns upon us accessing this info from a private computer...can you wait until monday?

Thanks for all your help, but I got them.