Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Overheated tonight comiing up our to our house. Prior to

Customer Question

Overheated tonight comiing up our hill to our house. Prior to that was running fine all day
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: It's evening here so I lifted the hood to let it cool, then will check in the morning. After lifting the hood, there was lots of liquid, smells like coolant dripping from the underside of the hood
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2007 jeep commander. 128k miles. Just purchased coupl weeks ago. So it's a car we've just acquired
JA: Are you fixing your Commander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Probably will take to dealer. Haven't been able to try anything So far since I just got home 45 minutes ago and letting engine cool
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: There's been a coup or of occasions when I've started the car that a loud fan noise (at least that what it sounds like) come from the engine for about 30nseconds or so then it goes away. Not sure if that means anything
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  kalamykid replied 1 month ago.

What size engine does your jeep have in it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
4.7 L Hemi V8
Expert:  kalamykid replied 1 month ago.

If it is a hemi, then it would have to be a 5.7 . Can you post the bin number p!ease so I can look it up for you.