Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

07 jeep wrangler abs flashing and dinging noise with NO ABS…

Customer Question
07 jeep wrangler abs...

07 jeep wrangler abs flashing and dinging noise with NO ABS CODES!

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?

Full fluid no squeaking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

Snap on scan tool being used to diagnose

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes myself

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Jeep
9/13/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech replied 11 months ago
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

When did the light come on? Have you tried to initialize the ABS module?

Abs module initialized with scanner everything checks out good all abs sensors wotkn properly
Hello?

When did this start? Did you replace the ABS module? What is your VIN?

Wcm was acting crazy with no crank no start randomly so i cleared ALL CODES engine abs trans etc and now everything is ok except abs and dinging.All abs sensors working no pending codes, new clockspring couple weeks ago by dealer and i read it could be in relearn mode but im stumped nothing i do changes it i did unplug abs unit and ding went away but all lights lit up on dash. Im lost
Vin is 1j4ga39137l113727
Did not replace module
Only code on vehicle is lost comm with compass module, that wouldnt cause this would it?

The new clockspring is your problem. You will need to relearn the steering angle sensor to resolve your issues... If your scantool will not perform this then you will need to bring it in and our Witech here at the dealership will do it..

Ok the clockspring and steering angle sensor were relearned by dealer but what ur sayn is when i cleared everything out with my solus pro now i have to relearn the angle sensor????

I'm sorry, I replied 30 min ago but it looks like it didn't show up...

Yes the clockspring is also the steering angle sensor and it needs to be relearned.. If your Snapon is not capable then you will need to bring it in to have us(Dealership) program it with the WITech scantool.

We charge 1 hour labor which is around 100.00 to be performed..

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

Ok I just need to know if when i cleared all codes did it cause the clockspring to need to be relearned???? Because i got the jeep with no crank no start due to wcm being locked up so with my scantool I cleared every out so now it starts runs great but abs flashing and dinging so relearning clock spring at this point should fix this????

No you did not cause this when you cleared the codes.. This was caused by not relearing the clockspring/SAS when it was replaced.. You will need to re-initialize the ABS module by driving it and turning 90 deg. The scantool will tell you what to do and when complete you will not have any lights on in the dash..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE 5 Stars before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad