Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Need gas out of it for our generator thanks to hurricane…

Need gas out of...

Need gas out of it for our generator thanks to hurricane Irma. Can't get get the hose in past 2 ft because of the anti siphon ball. Now what do we do for gas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to walk you through that for your Jeep. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No that's our emergency on hand. Thank you very much.

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

What size engine does your jeep have in it? And what year and model?

Straight line cylinder 6 engine 2002 Jeep Wrangler

Then you will have to disconnect the fuel line from the fuel rail in the intake. Then you can jump the fuel pump relay and let the fuel pump pump the fuel out for you.

Can you send something I am getting the answer for my brother that just laid down from exhauion

He will need a fuel line disconnect tool to get the fuel line off. Do you know if he has one?

No he does not.

Then the only other option will be to remove the shrader valve out of the test port on the fuel rail. Does he have a valve stem tool to remove the shrader valve on a tire?

Its pitch black here and he wasn't able to work at it now, but he said to tall you he appreciates you.

I am doing my best to help you. I know you have gone through alot and just need a little help. Did you ask him if he had a shrader valve tool?

No.He said we will just have to deal with it in the morning. I think he's exhausted.

There is one more option for him. If he looks under the jeep on the drivers side of the tank there are two hoses that go from the filler neck to the tank. The smaller hose is a vent and he can put a small hose into the port at the tank after he removes the hose. He cannot get in to the tank through the larger hose, as the tank has the roll over ball made into it. He will have to use a smaller hose to get into the port, but this is the only other way with out breaking into the tank.

kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech