Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Had a cylinder 4 misfire a few months back due to some gas

Had a cylinder 4 misfire a few months back due to some gas leakage at the fuel injector, replaced all 6 injectors, ignition coils, spark plugs, and the fuel rail. 2 months after that repair I am getting a cylinder 1 misfire. Not sure if I should just replace the spark plug for the third time in 6 months or if it might be the fuel pump or ignition cool connector wires. 02 liberty v6

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Does it misfire both at idle and while going down the road? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When the check engine light first came on for about 3 weeks or so, when I turned it on in the morning it would idle pretty rough until I'd start driving. Then it would be fine the rest of the day. Now it doesn't even do that. Just the check engine light is on and that's the code it's giving

So you are saying it runs better now or runs worse? Does vehicle burn oil or get poor mileage?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will admit I haven't changed my oil since I got it last august, I'm actually at my car doing that now. I don't drive more than maybe 2 miles a day so I wouldn't notice any drop in mpg
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It runs better now. There are times where I'll notice a little spudder when at a traffic light. But I don't have the issue of a super rough idle first thing in the morning

I would start by doing a engine cleaning treatment as these engines are known for carbon buildup on valves. You can pour seafoam directly into cylinder 4 and then let it sit overnight to soak. In morning run at low gear in high rpm to burn out carbon deposits then I'd replace the spark plug on cylinder 4. If coil was problem it wouldn't be intermittent and I doubt new injector is already bad. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i should do that in cylinder 4? Even if the check engine light code is saying cylinder 1 misfire?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also you would say that it shouldnt be the ignition coil cables either?

I meant to say cylinder 1, sorry about that. Coil cables wouldn't be a intermittent problem either. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.