Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My 2014 jeep patriots wipes come on by themselves. My 2014

Customer Question

my 2014 jeep patriots wipes come on by themselves
JA: Are you fixing your Patriot yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my 2014 jeep patriots wipers come on by themselves
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: yes wipers work fine with the switch but come on sometimes with switch in off pos
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: they seem to only come on in delay or pulse mode
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

This would be caused by the wiper switch or the totally integrated control module which is built into fuse box under the hood. The integrated control module is common to fail so that is the more likely cause. You can unplug the wiper switch to see if problem still happens if so you know problem is module, if not problem is switch. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.