Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I replaced the spark plugs the coils and I still get

Customer Question

I replaced the spark plugs the coils and I still get culinder 4 misfire. I re-gaped the plug no improvement. I have clean operation until it reaches 2k rpm. What else can it be?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Does it seem like engine is being limited such as not able to go above 2000-3000 rpm?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it wants to stall after 2k rpm
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

This usually is a symptom of a clogged catalytic converter. Completely remove front oxygen sensor to relieve exhaust pressure, if that allows rpm to go higher you know the converter is clogged and needs to be replaced. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not near the vehicle
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

No problem, you can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees so just let me know how it goes when you get a chance. Thanks.