Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

We replaced the motor in my 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD. It

Customer Question

We replaced the motor in my 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD. It initially started, but now it seems to have a computer problem that won't allow it to start.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes. It is fine. The red light in the lower left side of the dash is lit. Says it is locked.
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We put a code reader on it. Nothing that would help us showed up.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 month ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'ll be assisting you with your question today. Please give me a few moments to review your question. Also keep in mind that I do not know your skill level or abilities so I may be asking a lot of questions before I can answer. In some cases we may need to respond to each other quite a bit before I can come up with a possible solution for you. As far as phone calls, If you didn't request it, it is most likely the Website prompting you, not me. A Live Call is a "Premium Service" and will cost more money. I prefer communicating via this site, but in some cases a phone call may be recommended.

Is this red light a red dot that stays illuminated when you are trying to start it?

What does this light do? Continue to stay illuminated, begin flashing or does it go out after a few seconds?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert