Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangle Sahara. My radio displays

Customer Question
I have a 2012 Jeep...
I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangle Sahara. My radio displays everything, but I have no sound on AM/FM, satellite or blue tooth. I have disconnected the battery and pulled the fuse and it still won't work. there is a battery symbol that shows on the display screen when I try to use the blue tooth and make a phone call.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: No I haven't. The battery is about a year old and nothing else is acting like there is a problem with the battery.
JA: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have unhooked the battery and left it unhooked for an hour and one half and pulled the radio fuse and left it out for 15 minutes.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Jeep
9/11/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like the common fault of the sound amplifier itself.The sound amp will fail to where no sound comes from the speakers with any features being used like you see here.The first thing that has to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.

The amp is located under the dash on the drivers side as shown below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjpjsmb6f7w7c0t/amp-09-11.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/us178mzs2k0hbl2/am-09-11.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician