Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I need the radio code for the new one I bought. Vin for my…

Customer Question
I need the radio code...
I need the radio code for the new one I bought. Vin for my car is AD513750 the radio came out of vin# ***** Ser# ***** radio ist11ah281968299
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Jeep
Answered in 1 day by:
9/12/2017
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio or security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently on the site have access to obtain the code or noone feels comfortable posting it here.

There are two things you can do. You can try http://www.radio-code.com to see if they're able to obtain the code. The other option would be to see your dealer with the serial and proof of ownership and they'll be able to give it to you.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!

I have sent both vin# ***** and that should be enough. Others have gotten the code with the same information I have given. If you need more information just ask I have it. Thanks Ron

The issue is this is not an authorized method of obtaining the code, not that you haven't supplied enough information. Authorized sources are your dealer and the site I linked to.