Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a major power steering fluid leak and now the heat is

Customer Question

i have a major power steering fluid leak and now the heat is freezing, i think the power steering fluid leaking on it and the whole engine caused an issue with it
JA: Just to clarify, can you actually see the leak? And have you checked the reservoir?
Customer: it is leaking,, can't turn it and resoviour low, running out somewhere
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2003 or 2004 lookig now...i am so sick, it is smoking so badly i can't take it to work and have no other options for a car.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am trying to figure the cost to replace it...whats weird is the power steering reservoir fluid is black and i just put it in i have just keep putting fluid in it as it was a small leak...appartently something broke on it cause it's pouring out...i can't figure out why it is black in there, i don't get it. i am going to have to do it myself whatever it is, i can't afford mechanic....i am single...just me, but i have to figure it out hopefully it isn't too hard
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. what year, model and engine size? where is it leaking from? also check there coolant level to see if the power steering fluid is mixing with the coolant and check the oil, make sure it doesn't look foamy

hows it going?