sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I did a update that showed up on the screen and now it is

Customer Question

I did a update that showed up on the screen and now it is asking me to insert the update USB and I have nothing plus even with the car off and locked up the screen is flashing to insert the USB
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: It is a 2014 with about 43000 on it. It has never told me to do a update before.
JA: What is the model of your '14 Jeep?
Customer: Grand Jeep Cherokee
JA: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing just came out after the update and the screen is white with the message insert update in USB. No music, no phone, no back up camera or 911.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like you attempted an over the air radio update and it failed for whatever reason. You'll want to download the current software for your vehicle from the Uconnect website and attempt an update manually yourself. If that doesn't help then try a battery disconnect and then try the update again.

https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!