Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My Jeep had the overheat light come on, I used my computer

Customer Question

My Jeep had the overheat light come on, I used my computer machine and it stated a code P0218 Transmission Overtemp condition. What do I do to correct this.
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: Yes, fluid is full, and all hoses are fine, there was no spots underneath vehicle. Does this mean I need a top up of my Tranny fluid. This code doesnt come up on codes on the net.
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2009 Jeep Patriot North 2.4L
JA: Are you fixing your Patriot yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, just checked the codes first. Have checked all other fluids, hoses etc and all all fine. My wife went up a large hill stated RPM's were about 4.5 light came on. I drove it back home and it took 1 1/2 hrs. very hot day no over heating occured.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just wanting to know where and how to check transmission fluid, as it only has 67,000 KMS on vehicle
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!